Saturday, July 25, 2015

Déjà vu

I'm having that nagging feeling again of needing a Facebook break. I come over to resurrect our family blog for those who do want to keep up with our crazy adventures and what is the last article that I posted about? You got it, too much technology time sucking the life out of living. The kids and I are away for the summer staying with my folks in Newport, RI. I wish I could say that I'm relaxing enjoying carefree summer days with the kids but the reality is I work 40hrs a week and as any working parent knows the summer juggling act is not the easiest. The kids are in camps most weeks to help keep them busy and engaged but there are some weeks they aren't and I'm finding they are spending too much time plugged in on these off weeks. We have one of these week coming up. We're going to do drop in tennis lessons for an hour each morning to get them out and burn off some energy before my work day starts. Now to do the prep work to figure out some things for them to do while I work that doesn't require a grown-ups help, gets them outdoors in the yard and keeps them engaged!

No comments: